- FAM Centris™ 400C Hytec is the new reference for centrifugal slicing and shredding of cheese.
- The innovative, patented lightweight stainless steel SureShred 16C cutting head radically improves quality, capacity and yield. The Set & Forget technology guarantees consistent shred dimensions and cut accuracy without the need for adjustments, even after changing of blades and cleaning.
- Ultra-hygienic design for ultimate food safety. Motor and integrated gearbox are completely outside of the product zone. Nothing that could contaminate the product or could attract the sticking of cheese.
- The Centris 400C Hytec has a 15HP stainless steel planetary gear motor, unlike the traditional 10HP centrifugal shredders on the market today.
- Difficult-to-maintain and expensive gearbox is history. Heavy-duty cassette style spindle, easily removable for inspection.
- The highest level of hygiene on the market: no flat surfaces or hidden corners, inside and out. Extremely low contact surface resistance. No electrical components, bolts or wires in the product zone. Nothing that could contaminate the product or could attract the sticking of cheese.
- Motor and integrated gear box are completely outside of the product zone, highly improving your food safety.
- Heavy-duty cassette style spindle, easily removable for inspection.
- 15HP stainless steel planetary gear motor, as opposed to the 10HP one currently available on the market. The motor offers low energy consumption and is designed for easy washdown.
- Extremely precise centrifugal cutting principle with groundbreaking, patented and patent pending SureShred 16C cutting head technology.
- All V-cut shred shapes, full and reduced (318V, 432V, 538V), sizes 1.6 mm, 2.5 mm, 3.2 mm. Oval cut shreds: 6.4 mm by 3.2 mm. Reduced oval cut strips: 4.0 mm by 1.8 mm (inches, see specifications)
- The lightweight stainless steel cutting head can be removed and cleaned in no time. The cutting size is easy to set without tolerance, resulting in a regular shred that never needs adjustment: Set & Forget.
- Large infeed provides uniform product flow to the cutting head and avoids overloading of the cutting head.
- Rigid, seamless welded open frame made of solid bars without blind spots.
- Electrical control of the machine is start-stop without programming or read-outs in order to meet simplicity. The motor, made of stainless steel, has hygiene enclosure IP 69K and is UL/CSA certified.
- Trapped key interlock safety system prevents access to the cutting area during machine operation.
The cheese is fed through the infeed chute and enters into the cutting compartments of the rotating impeller (*). There, centrifugal force presses it against the inner surface of the cutting head assembly (*).
The cutting head assembly (*) consists of sixteen individual stationary cutting segments. Slices or shreds are produced as the cheese passes each knife in a smooth and uninterrupted manner. Length is controlled by the input product size. The cut product is collected through the central discharge.
The interchangeable cutting heads (*) offer flexibility in all cuts and shapes, such as flat, crinkle cut and V-shaped slices as well as V-shaped, oval, julienne and wide ribbon-cut strips.
(*) patent pending impeller and patent pending cutting head assembly
(l x w x h)
|1550 x 780 x 950 mm (61.023 x 30.700 x 37.400 inch)|
620 kg (1367 lb)
|Motor||11.2 kW (15.0HP)|
(l x w x h)
|Depending on product, cut size and condition|
|Max. product diameter
(l x w x h)
All V-cut shred shapes, full and reduced (318V, 432V, 538V): 1.6 mm, 2.5 mm, 3.2 mm (.063, .097, .125 inch)
Oval cut shreds: 6.4 mm by 3.2 mm (.252 by .125 inch)
Reduced oval cut shreds: 4.0 mm by 1.8 mm ( .157 by .070 inch)