Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the project engineer, or Customer Solution Engineer, will oversee engineering projects on industrial equipment used for the food processing industry. (Product development and integration.)
You will collaborate with a team of designer to find the correct solution for the customers. Based on the specific requirements and needs of the client, the project engineer will create the projects, document the scope, define the deliverables, develop the concept, refine the detailed design based on the customer feedback and get approvals from the client. You will also, support procurement, production and service team with technical request around projects. The project engineer may participate in product and process improvements projects. It will be your responsibility to take ownership of an assigned project from sales handover to client signed final completion. You will work closely with the projects team composed of designers to follow a set schedule.
TOP JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend project kick off meetings.
- Prepare project documentation.
- Manage customer change request during the project.
- Develop the project strategy including the design phase and manage the deadlines with the team.
- Validate that the solution meets all the expectations of the customer.
- Interact and service our client base when demand warrants it.
- In collaboration with the design team, prepare 3D models, detail drawings of conceptual equipment layout drawings, 3D design and modeling of the equipment.
- Prepare and submit, final equipment drawings and spec sheets.
- Ensure designs meet production drawings, factory acceptance testing.
- Ensure operation and maintenance manual creation and on-site equipment start-up assistance for special projects.
- Provide sales department with layout drawing support when needed.
- Support the service team regarding technical questions on specific projects.
- Coordination with Controls and Automation team to achieve dates and deliverables.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- BY 6 MONTHS… Know and understand Deville design principles and Hygienic design principles. Be autonomous to manage a project. Able to effectively communicate with clients regarding projects.
- BY 12 MONTHS… You are maintaining the 6 months success factors; in addition, you are able to increase efficiency of projects by the implementation of new tools and techniques.
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Member of l’Ordre Des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Is goal oriented individual and is motivated by challenges.
- Ability to work under deadlines. Comfortable taking creative leaps
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering
- Ability to learn and understand product solutions and features
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, French would be an asset
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor or equivalent and in Autodesk Autocad
- Ability to work in a team environment.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Rigorous approach
- Action-oriented – enjoys getting things done with a quick turn-around time
- Continuous learning- versatile and willing to take on new challenges
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment – able to work constructively under pressure
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- A quick learner with an ability to problem-solve and take initiatives for improvement
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Customer focused – Customer first
Only candidates under
consideration will be contacted