LocationMontreal - St Laurent
Deville Technologies is currently offering an excellent career opportunity for a Procurement Specialist. Under the supervision of the Planning and Supply Chain Manager, your role will be to perform Requests for quotes, Purchase orders, follow up back orders, monitor inventory stock levels of our warehouses.
You are an individual with a passion to work in a growing company. A creative quick thinker and initiative taker who is organized, pays attention to detail, and motivated by challenges. If these qualities are part of your DNA, read on!
Deville Technologies is a manufacturer and value-added distributor of industrial food cutting equipment. Deville prides itself on providing its clients high quality equipment that is manufactured to meet the highest standards in the industry. Providing first rate service to its clients is at the forefront of Deville’s objectives. Deville has offices in both Canada and the United States. Our client service commitment has created a demand for additional resource.
Deville Technologies offers an exceptional work environment, potential to grow, including a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Roles and responsibilities include, but will not be limited to;
- Develops commodity strategies
- Prepares Requests for proposals (RFQ) for suppliers
- Identify suppliers of goods and services
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Liaise with suppliers and project managers regarding updates and details of goods
- Prepare purchase orders for subcontracted and finished machined parts.
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered
- Monitors inventory position against sales forecast and customer orders to maintain acceptable safety stock levels.
- Follows up back orders, expedites delivery of orders, and makes special arrangements for delivery; communicates to the department the expected delivery date.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, evaluate vendor performance, utilizes different vendor sources to fill as directed.
- Work closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Proven experience working as a procurement specialist in the same area required
- Additional certification in the field of procurement desired
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building
- Flexible to work long hours as demanded by projects
- Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Customer focused – Customer first
- Sense of urgency and tenacity in implementing sustainable solutions
- Action-oriented – enjoys getting things done with a quick turn-around time
- Continuous learning- versatile and willing to take on new challenges
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment – able to work constructively under pressure
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- A quick learner with an ability to problem-solve and take initiatives for improvement
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Only candidates under
consideration will be contacted