You are an individual with a passion to work in a growing company. A creative quick thinker and initiative taker who is organized, pays attention to detail, and motivated by challenges. If these qualities are part of your DNA, read on!
Deville Technologies is a manufacturer and value-added distributor of industrial food cutting equipment. Deville prides itself on providing its clients high quality equipment that is manufactured to meet the highest standards in the industry. Providing first rate service to its clients is at the forefront of Deville’s objectives. Deville has offices in both Canada and the United States. Our client service commitment has created a demand for additional resource
As a Planning Manager you will oversee project, engineering, and manufacturing work environments, setting production schedules and coordinating department schedules. You will meet with department supervisors to determine progress and keep apprised of all changes in departmental schedules. The Planning Manager ensures that materials are available in the supply chain and that inventory is maintained at acceptable levels. You must review and plan requirements for acceptable inventory, find sources that supply raw materials, utilities, and outside services, coordinate procurement efforts, and determine the level of need for the items they must procure.
TOP JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish procedure for centralized demand estimating plus production planning throughout company for all products manufactured in NetSuite ERP work orders.
- Develop planning tools and framework to obtain approval from main stakeholders.
- Convey and negotiate Master Production Schedule along with contract manufacturers to assure schedule achievability.
- Convey or publish Production Plan to entire constituents.
- Establish planning calendar to assure standard updates to Master Production Schedule every month.
- Develop, execute, and maintain tools as well as techniques required to evaluate impact of proposed schedule changes.
- Ensure to constantly communication with main stakeholders from Finance, Sales, Manufacturing, Project Management and Supply Chain pertinent to requirements and impacts.
- Supervise and report actual results against Master Production Schedule.
- Prepare and manage master materials schedule utilizing Cost point ERP and varied applications.
- Develop and execute inventory control methods and reports to assure accurate plus apt inventory levels.
- Plan, schedule as well as coordinate materials availability to assist production developed schedules.
- Resolve problems plus enhance improvements associated with inventory flow plus production control.
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate will have a firm grasp of MRP, lean manufacturing principles, the shop floor and product flow. Excellent negotiation skills and attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills, including written, verbal & presentation skills.
- Proficient in Excel and work order planning in an ERP environment
- NetSuite experience an asset.
- APICS certification a plus
- Able to create production plans, including targets and deviations from targets.
- Understands customer demand and how to alter production so that demand is met with the least impact to other customers and / or stock build.
- Must work efficiently under pressure and create an environment promoting teamwork and accountability.
- A college degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in any combination of planning, inventory control, production, and manufacturing.
- Prior experience leading and/or delegating teams effectively.
- Must be able to perform routine math associated with creating Excel spreadsheets.
- Bilingual (English & French)
Deville Technologies offers an exceptional work environment, potential to grow, including a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Only candidates under
consideration will be contacted