You are an individual with a passion to work in a growing company. A creative quick thinker and initiative taker who is organized, pays attention to detail, and motivated by challenges. If these qualities are part of your DNA, read on!
Deville Technologies is a manufacturer and value-added distributor of industrial food cutting equipment. Deville prides itself on providing its clients high quality equipment that is manufactured to meet the highest standards in the industry. Providing first rate service to its clients is at the forefront of Deville’s objectives. Deville has offices in both Canada and the United States. Our client service commitment has created a demand for additional resources
Deville Technologies is currently offering an excellent career opportunity for an Engineering Manager – Mechanical Design. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, your role will be to lead a team of project engineers & designers by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions to ensure key projects and engineering duties are executed to Deville’s gold standard.
The Engineering Manager is expected to deliver high quality, cost effective and timely engineering solutions to clients. Formulate plan, allocate resources to meet the agreed contractual and financial targets. Ensure team’s compliance with standard processes, procedures, practices, and safety requirements. Act as the senior engineer for major projects and give technical support to the team.
TOP JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines and ensures implementation of operating and design standards for the team
- Drives team performance to ensure that deliverables are met on time as per the contract, safety and quality requirements.
- Oversees progress within own area of responsibility, identifies and manage technical issues.
- Ensures delivery of technical solutions according to client requirements
- Provides engineering support during the bid phase, ensures that the resources required to deliver the solutions are correctly accounted.
- Oversees contractual work within own area of responsibility. Conducts regular progress reviews, identifies, and manages contractual risks.
- Ensures that the engineering team is adequately resourced, developed, and equipped to meet business needs.
- Assign tasks within the engineering team, defines relevant performance metrics.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain function to ensure that correct suppliers services and equipment are available to support the engineering execution
- Facilitates best practice sharing within the engineering team.
- Develops and drives continuous improvement activities to improve processes, policies, procedures, and effectiveness within one’s area of responsibility.
- Guides, motivates, coaches, and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Master’s degree in engineering management or business administration preferred
- 5+ years of engineering experience, ideally in a management role
- Project engineering experience an asset
- Industrial metal manufacturing experience an asset
- Experience in the food processing environment an asset
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Customer focused – Customer first
- Sense of urgency and tenacity in implementing sustainable solutions
- Action-oriented – enjoys getting things done with a quick turn-around time
- Continuous learning- versatile and willing to take on new challenges
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment – able to work constructively under pressure
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- A quick learner with an ability to problem-solve and take initiatives for improvement
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Deville Technologies offers an exceptional work environment, potential to grow, including a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Only candidates under
consideration will be contacted