You are an individual with the passion needed to work in a growing company. A creative quick thinker with initiative who is organized, pays attention to detail, and is motivated by challenges. If these qualities are part of your DNA, read on!
Deville Technologies is a manufacturer and value-added distributor of industrial food cutting equipment. Deville prides itself on providing its clients high quality equipment manufactured to meet the highest standards in the industry. Providing first rate service to its clients is at the forefront of Deville’s objectives. Deville has offices in both Canada and the United States. Our client service commitment has created a demand for additional resources.
Deville Technologies is currently offering an excellent career opportunity for a Field Service Technician. Under the supervision of the Service & Plant Manager, your responsibilities include answering maintenance and service calls, providing maintenance and operational training, and installing line systems and equipment. Acting as a Field Service Technician, you will be on the front-line ensuring the client’s satisfaction. You will also work closely with our engineering, sales, and marketing teams.
- Primarily perform service calls and commissioning at client facilities.
- Perform trainings on Deville product lines in a classroom environment as well as in a practical/production environment.
- Handle customer service calls/technical support calls.
- Create and submit timely reports on work being performed.
- Assess client needs for spare parts and facilitate internally with Deville.
- Perform mechanical work such as replacing bearings, changing motors, etc.
- Troubleshoot electrical, electromechanical, pneumatics, PLC, and programming issues.
- Perform welding and polishing tasks as required (if applicable).
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS…
- Have excellent product knowledge and ability to train on functionality.
- Be capable of performing service calls and commissioning at client facilities with minimal support.
BY 12 MONTHS…
- You are maintaining the 6 months success factors; in addition to:
- You will be autonomous in the rebuilding of Deville equipment.
- Fully independent to effectively perform service calls and commissioning as well as handle troubleshooting & machine diagnosis at the client facility.
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 2 to 5 years experience in troubleshooting electrical, electromechanical, pneumatics and mechanical equipment and working knowledge of PLCs.
- Customer service experience.
- Must have knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft office suite particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to formulate clear and concise reports and emails suitable for client exposure.
- Ability to speak and/or write in English. Spanish and/or French would be an asset.
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate and speak publicly for training purposes.
- Previous experience with food processing equipment would be an asset.
- Electrical, automation, mechanical and/or welding fabrication certificates an asset.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Positive and energetic personality.
- Independent, autonomous, and entrepreneurial is a key attribute.
- Action-oriented – enjoys getting things done with a quick turn-around time.
- Continuous learning – versatile and willing to take on new challenges.
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- A quick learner with an ability to problem-solve and take initiatives for improvement.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Customer focused – Customer first, solid client facing communication skills.
- Able to maintain a professional attitude.
Deville Technologies offers an exceptional work environment, potential to grow, including a competitive compensation package with benefits (401k).
Only candidates under
consideration will be contacted