LocationMontreal - St Laurent
You are an individual with a passion to work in a growing company. A creative quick thinker and initiative taker who is organized, pays attention to detail, and motivated by challenges. If these qualities are part of your DNA, read on! Deville Technologies is a manufacturer and value-added distributor of industrial food cutting equipment. Deville prides itself on providing its clients high quality equipment that is manufactured to meet the highest standards in the industry. Providing first rate service to its clients is at the forefront of Deville’s objectives. Deville has offices in both Canada and the United States. Our client service commitment has created a demand for additional resource.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the mechanical designer will join a growing team of engineers and technicians to collaborate on product development and integration projects. You will put your creative mind in finding technically viable solutions in the mechanical design of industrial food processing equipment. You will work closely with the projects team to follow a set schedule.
TOP JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the project team to define the designs and concepts to meet the customer requirements and expectations. (Brainstorming sessions, design reviews)
- Interact with procurement, production, service, and customer to understand the limitation and feasibility of the designs.
- Prepare 3D models, detail drawings of conceptual equipment layout drawings, 3D design and modeling of the
- Prepare, final equipment drawings and spec
- Ensure designs meet production drawings, factory acceptance
- Ensure operation and maintenance manual creation and on-site equipment start-up assistance for special
- Provide sales department with layout drawing support when needed.
- Participate in the project post-mortem and integrate the lesson learned in our design principles.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- BY 6 MONTHS… Know and understand Deville’s design and hygienic design Be autonomous to design and modify standard or minor custom Deville equipment projects. Have excellent knowledge of the Autodesk CAD software 2D & 3D.
- BY 12 MONTHS… You are maintaining the 6 months success factors; in addition, you are able to increase efficiency while undertaking bigger design challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5-10 years experience as a mechanical designer, ideally for industrial equipment.
- DEC Mechanical Engineering Technology. (Bachelor’s degree in engineering is an asset.)
- Ability to learn and understand product solutions and Comfortable taking creative leaps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, French would be an
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor and in Autodesk
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Creative mechanical thinking with a rigorous approach.
- Action-oriented – enjoys getting things done with a quick turn-around
- Continuous learning- versatile and willing to take on new
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment – able to work constructively under
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently within a team
- A quick learner with an ability to problem-solve and take initiatives for
- Highly organized and detail
- Customer focused – Customer
Deville Technologies offers an exceptional work environment, potential to grow, including a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Only candidates under
consideration will be contacted