LocationMontreal - St Laurent
Status: Full Time, permanent employee
Relevant Work Experience: 10 years+
Education: College diploma (DEC) or university diploma (BAC)
Deville Technologies has been active in the manufacturing and distribution of industrial cutting technologies in the food sector internationally since the 1970s.
Deville Technologies is growing strongly and is betting on a strategy of having a strong information technology team and state-of-the-art IT tools to support its business activities.
The Director of Information Technology will initially have to participate in day-to-day operational activities to measure the need for technical resources and to hire the required staff. Its initial role will therefore be as operational as it is strategic.
Roles and responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensure that IT meets the needs of its organization.
- Responsible for all IT within the organization.
- Supervises applications, IT infrastructures, management of IT resources, hardware
- Involved in strategic choices and often participates in the management of IT projects.
- Responsible for the implementation of an IT team, processes and best practices to support the operations of the organization.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with technology/cloud providers.
TRAINING / EXPERIENCE
- College diploma (DEC) or university diploma (BAC).
- Have 10 years or more of experience in different computer science positions.
- Have worked as a team leader or manager in personnel management.
- Oracle NetSuite
- Cisco IOS
- IP telephony
- Fortinet firewall
- Office 365
- Windows Active Directory
- Knowledge of distribution/manufacturing environments
- Other related knowledge
- Have very good general knowledge of computer science in order to have an overall vision.
- Have good knowledge at the application level (corporate applications, software development) and at the infrastructure level (hardware, software, network, servers, telephony, computer security etc.).
- Be familiar with business environments in distribution and manufacturing.
- Able to implement processes to improve IT services.
- Must also have experience in IT project management, budget management.
- Excellent personnel management skills to create an IT team; (hiring, coaching, training, evaluation, day-to-day personnel management).
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in both French and English.
- Able to interact with senior management to identify organizational needs and popularize technology strategies in business language.
Only candidates under
consideration will be contacted